We took Peter to see Santa Clause at the mall, but he was on dinner break. So Peter had a good time playing in the Fun Bus instead. I'm sure he would have been miserable sitting on a strange old man's lap anyway!
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Remembering Christmas
I am always amazed at how quickly the Christmas Season passes after so much anticipation and preparation. Has it already been two weeks since that day filled with smiles, gift giving, relaxation and yummy food? I'm not ready for Christmas to be over yet. But I will say that this year it was full of wonderful memories. Caroling in the snow with our families, hosting my family's German tradition of Advent, amazing amounts of snow, Sean's family's Christmas Eve dinner and evening together, opening our stockings filled with random goodies, and seeing Peter's eyes light up at all the festivities were just a few of my favorite things this Christmas.

We took Peter to see Santa Clause at the mall, but he was on dinner break. So Peter had a good time playing in the Fun Bus instead. I'm sure he would have been miserable sitting on a strange old man's lap anyway!
Sean and I have a tradition of filling each other's stockings. Usually the contents are just silly random toys and each other's favorite candies, but it is always really fun to see what odd treasures we find in our stockings.
Oma and Opa (my mom and dad) brought Peter his own little mini La-Z-Boy recliner! It was such a fun surprise and Peter totally loves it. It's such a cute little piece of furniture - perfect for reading the evening news and sipping a bottle of whole milk.
And of course, my favorite part of Christmas was how much I got to focus on the birth of Jesus Christ. I really tried hard to not get caught up in the chaos that seems to plague people during the holiday rush of shopping and planning. Thanks to my family traditions which got me thinking of Christ's birth a month before Christmas and my unwillingness to brave the crowds at the shopping mall, I think the true meaning of Christmas was impressed more deeply on me this year.
I am amazed at Mary's humility and willingness to have the responsibility of bringing the Son of God into the world. I am thankful that our Heavenly Father loves us enough to send us a Savior. I love that Christ came in such a simple and humble way. And most of all, I am so thankful for Jesus Christ and his life, teachings, atonement and resurrection. That is the best gift of all.
We took Peter to see Santa Clause at the mall, but he was on dinner break. So Peter had a good time playing in the Fun Bus instead. I'm sure he would have been miserable sitting on a strange old man's lap anyway!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment