Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's Christmastime!

We've been having a lot of fun this holiday season. It has been snowing for the past few days and now we have several inches to play in. Peter was in awe when he first saw it, and we had loads of fun watching him discover what it was.

The snow really has made it seem like winter is actually here. Hopefully it will stick around for the next couple weeks at least!

Peter is our favorite little Christmas Elf! Actually, he hated that I was trying to make him wear a Santa hat and sit by the tree and smile, but I managed to get a picture of him in which he looks relatively happy.

We got a real live Christmas tree this year. It was cut in our very own mountains by some friends of ours. It's kind of scrawny and sparse, but it has a lot of character. I'm just glad the skinny little branches are able to hold up our ornaments! Peter and Olive (our cat) love the tree, so we've had to teach both of them that it isn't just a big toy.

Only one week left before Christmas! Hopefully you all have had success in your shopping adventures. I get so anti-shopping during the mad rush craziness of holiday gift buying, so I did all my shopping online in order to avoid the chaos in the stores. I still have a few things to get though, so I guess I'll have to face the madness soon. Maybe it won't be that bad if I go early in the morning.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Too cute! Lily played (I mean really played) in the snow for the first time today.

    I got your message, but our families have been fighting for our time all week long. What are you guys doing on the 29th? Both Jeff's family and mine are leaving that day and we don't leave until the 30th, so we are free free free to play with you and your adorable family!

    ReplyDelete