New Years day is usually a time that people look to the future and set goals. But this new year has got me thinking about the past. I've thought a lot about how I got to where I am now, how Sean and I met and we've already been married for almost 5 years(!), how I have been so blessed and how much those blessings have changed my life. Plus, the fact that we are having a second child makes me feel so much older than I did last year. Getting older totally scares me. I don't want to do it. But, here it comes! The future always comes faster than I expect.
I don't look to my past with the least amount of gloom, because I figure what's done is done and I am absolutely happy with my life in the present. But I know that I can use my past experiences to make myself a better person in the future. So I have come up with a few goals for this new year of my life and hopefully at this time in 2010 I will be a little better. I am really looking forward to this new year. My future promises fun vacations, warm weather, and best of all a new baby boy!
For New Years vacation, we went with Sean's family to a cabin near Oakley, UT for a few days. Mostly we hung out inside and played games, read books, made yummy food, and had fun talking and being together. There were enough people around to keep an eye on Peter while he ran around, so I was actually able to sit and read a book! It was great.
The snow up there was great, so we went sledding a LOT. Peter didn't like sledding as much as we thought he would, but luckily we discovered that he liked it better without the sled, so he had some fun too. His absolute favorite thing was playing on the pool table. He was totally obsessed with it. We should have gotten him a pool table for Christmas and then he would be endlessly happy!
Here are a few recent pictures:

Peter is "helping" me make banana bread. He
loves to help me cook, do laundry, do dishes, vacuum, etc. He actually gets really mad if I don't let him help! Hopefully he will always want to do those things, especially when he is a teenager. Maybe getting him a more manly apron would help!

This is me at 21 weeks pregnant. I've been feeling good, but tired. And I'm not going to make any comments about how I look. Because honestly folks, does anyone actually
like how they look when they start gaining weight all over the place, becoming/looking more tired than ever and having aches and pains in muscles they didn't know they had?

Peter's latest obsession - billiards. He really would have stayed on this table during the whole cabin trip if we had let him, but I figured he needed to eat and have clean diapers, much to his dismay.

Nana and Peter sledding down the kiddy hill. Peter didn't really start having fun in the snow until we showed him that he could slide down on his rear (see movie below).
you look beautiful! Really though, I definitely agree with you, I didn't enjoy my weight gain during the pregnancy. But it sure is worth it!! Can't wait to see that little baby boy! Happy Holidays, good to see you had a good one!
ReplyDelete