Monday, February 25, 2008

a new hobby

I have been wanting to learn how to oil paint for a while. The other day I realized that we live only a couple blocks from the Provo Art and Frame store, so Sean and I walked over there and I got myself a little oil painting starter kit. I've been having a lot of fun trying to paint whenever I can. Peter wants to help of course, which would be a really bad idea... so I just do as much as I can when he is taking naps. I found a painting that I thought would be fun to immitate. One of the two paintings below was done by Wassily Kandinsky, titled "Composition VIII", painted in 1923. The other was painted yesterday by yours truly. Who can tell which one is mine?

2 comments:

  1. You and always finding new hobbies! What a super woman!

    Thanks for the clothes. I hemmed the pants today :) It was actually a super blessing because I was days away from heading the store and paying for new clothes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catherine! Play group tomorrow? I don't know where you live, and I don't have your phone number. Give me a call. That'll be the best way to reach me, because I don't have the internet at home. I'm excited to see you! If I don't hear from you I'll just call Elise.

    ReplyDelete