Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Happy Birthday Peter!

Peter had his 6th birthday last week! It's amazing how quickly 6 years has gone by. I'm so happy that I get to be Peter's mommy. He is such a loving, playful, inquisitive, deep thinking boy. One of my favorite things is driving around with just Peter in the car and talking with him. He makes observations and then asks a million questions and really thinks about what you say. It's amazing how much he remembers! He's also really fun to play with because he's so imaginative. He makes up fun games and can play for hours with whatever objects are around. It's really nice that he plays so well with Jackson and that they are just fine without many toys because we didn't bring very many with us! I feel so lucky to have Peter in my life and I'm excited to keep watching him learn and grow. Sean and I are very proud of him for making good decisions like being patient and sharing with people. 

Happy Birthday Peter! We love you so much! 

Peter had a Pirate Party and invited all his friends. He made up the whole plan for the party and was in charge of the activities. We had some games for the kids like walk the plank (on a large log in our front yard), making paper hats and boats (we made one and then Peter said he didn't want to anymore), and a treasure hunt on the beach which the kids loved! We buried a container of candy in the sand and then made a treasure map for them to follow. 

Peter asked for a chocolate cake, so I went to get the supplies, but it's somewhat hard to find things like baking soda and cocoa powder. So I had some help from Pillsbury! I added sour cream to make the cake moist and some sprinkles to make it pretty. The cake turned out really well! I also made some homemade decorations out of construction paper because I knew it would be hard to find what I wanted at the stores in town. I made a really cute birthday banner and blew up a bunch of balloons. The party was a great success even though it rained. Every time we host a get-together at our house it rains! I guess I should have planned on it, but everyone still had fun! 









No comments:

Post a Comment