Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Baby Elora

Elora is 10 1/2 months old!!! I thought I'd give her a personal blog post since she is growing and changing so quickly. She is such a joy and we love having this sweet baby girl in our family. She is discovering so many things nowadays since she has become more mobile. She crawls all over and pulls herself up to walk along furniture. She loves to taste everything and figure out how things work. I love just watching her explore. She'll crawl around and find a tiny piece of paper, inspect it closely, tear it in half, taste one half, shake the other half, and then crawl on to explore something else (usually it's something the boys don't want her to touch like their lego creation). 

She's a very busy girl! She's also really easy going - people always comment on how happy she is because they never hear her fussing and crying. I'm so glad that she's a happy baby because with those two big brothers around she has to fend for herself. She is very patient with Jackson who loves to hug and squeeze her and plays with her like she's a toy. I always have to be on guard to protect her from his rough love! Probably 15 times a day I say, "Jackson! Be soft! Please be gentle with the baby!" I feel so bad for her, but she doesn't even seem to mind, so I guess she isn't getting hurt. How do I teach Jackson to love her in a more gentle way? It's an ongoing struggle for me. 

The boys have been in school from 8am-3pm, so I get lots of one on one time with Elora and it's been so wonderful! Today she did yoga with me, we shared a kiwi, learned how to open a coconut, and figured out how to cook a plantain. She's such a fun little buddy. 

 Eating a lime from our backyard tree and a Mamone (pronounced mah-moan-ee) fruit.

On our way to a birthday party

 I told Sean to take pictures of me because I'm always the one behind the camera. 

 This is Elora's first ride in a forward facing car seat. She had a grand time! Her infant car seat needed the mold washed and cleaned off it, so she took a ride in Jackson's chair. Things get moldy really quickly here with all the humidity. 

 Elora crawls around on the beach tasting sand! She loves playing in the water too. When the waves come ashore she gets really excited and wiggles her arms up and down really fast. So cute!

 Little Miss Sandy Buns has learned that if someone has food, she can crawl up to them and they'll usually share something

 On the porch in her birthday suit eating more Mamones

 watching the downpour 

 She has these adorable little curls above her ears. Isn't she beautiful!!! I can hardly stand it. I must kiss those cheeks at every possible opportunity I get.

aaaaaaaaaannddd.......she discovered how fun unraveling the toilet paper can be! this is not good. Especially since she always hangs onto the toilet. Yuck! I love the look on here face here though, she knows she's not supposed to and she looks like a deer in the headlights. 

Let me know if you want me to kiss her soft baby cheeks for you!

2 comments:

  1. She is so beautiful! And I loved that sandy bottom, she must love playing in the sand every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids are SO adorable! I definitely want you to squeeze her cheeks for me!

    ReplyDelete