Who knew there was such thing as an Easter caterpillar?I think Sean did a great job with those antennae
We also walked to BYU's botany pond one warm day to feed ducks. Peter seemed to like it, especially when the ducks swam up close. There were probably 8 families there with their kids all tossing bread into the pond - those duck are well fed, that's for sure! They probably all die prematurely of Carb-overdose!
A very interesting turtle situation: 5 little turtles perched upon a floating log in the pond, stacked one on the other, and they kind of went biggest to smallest - it was so odd! They were perfectly still except for a tiny twitch of an eyelid every so often. They were facing the shore where I noticed one of their little comrades was beached and looked all dried out. It was kind of a melancholy little moment at the turtle pond. I thought for sure the little turtle on shore was dead. Every kid who noticed the shore turtle poked it with a stick! It was so sad...but after all the kids left, the little turtle stuck his head out and looked around! YAY! I was so glad for him. Sean and I put him back in the water to rehydrate. I hope the little guy is okay.
A very interesting turtle situation: 5 little turtles perched upon a floating log in the pond, stacked one on the other, and they kind of went biggest to smallest - it was so odd! They were perfectly still except for a tiny twitch of an eyelid every so often. They were facing the shore where I noticed one of their little comrades was beached and looked all dried out. It was kind of a melancholy little moment at the turtle pond. I thought for sure the little turtle on shore was dead. Every kid who noticed the shore turtle poked it with a stick! It was so sad...but after all the kids left, the little turtle stuck his head out and looked around! YAY! I was so glad for him. Sean and I put him back in the water to rehydrate. I hope the little guy is okay.
Last but not least, we found a great deal on cross country ski boots (BYU outdoors unlimited Springtime sale), so we went x-country skiing one last time for the winter. If we're "blessed" with more "moisture" in the form of snow maybe we'll be able to go again before it gets too warm. The day we went, it was probably 50 degrees. We were wishing we'd worn our swimming suits instead of wool socks and ski pants. The snow was pretty mushy, but it made it more fun going down hills because we couldn't go uncontrollably fast even if we wanted to.





You guys are the BEST photographers! I love all your photos. You also have such a fun and interesting life to take pics of. Lucky Peter! mom L.
ReplyDelete