Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Winter Wonders

We went cross country skiing with our friends Jeff and Amy Parker for Martin Luther King Jr. Day. We both brought our babies - so it was even more of an adventure! Baby Lily cried while we skied up and Peter cried while we skied down. (Lily is Peter's girlfriend, but he doesn't know that yet...) The day was perfect for skiing: we had good company, good weather, and good treats. Sean hauled Peter up the mountain in an ancient baby backpack while I tried to ski and take pictures -- which is why Sean is so far ahead of me:

Arcadia

chillin' in the snow - literally

snowcicles on the bridge

The snow has been falling, and falling, and falling... I'm sad to say I've only been downhill skiing once this season! Am I crazy or what? We've gone cross country skiing three times though, so that makes up for some lost downhill days.



Peter and Olive love to sit by the window and watch the snow come down in huge fluffy pieces.

3 comments:

  1. Sweet Cheeks and Olive together on a snowy day. . . life is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog, Catherine! It's fun to see you so happy.

    Love Margie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, Peter cried on the way up and Lily cried on the way down :) But either way we had crying babies the whole time! We loved our adventure. When are we going again?
    Oh, and you have a beautiful blog and you are already super good at it! I get my backgrounds at pyzam.com.

    ReplyDelete