Sunday, September 4, 2011

Cancun, Mexico

We celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary this year in Cancun! We spent a whole week at an all inclusive resort called the Grand Riviera Princess Hotel. It really was picture perfect with white sand beaches, palm trees, crystal clear water, and a deep blue sky.

Our resort was super nice! With all marble floors, really great restaurants, nicely landscaped grounds, and our room even had two jetted tubs (one outside on the balcony and one inside). The humidity was so thick, I felt like I had a layer of sweat on me all the time. We were actually glad when it rained a couple of times so we could cool off. The main souvenir I brought back was a really awful sunburn. Even though I was putting sunscreen on ALL the time, I got really sunburned! I was so fried I could hardly walk for a few days!

Every day we did pretty much the same thing: eat, read on the beach, swim in the ocean, play volleyball, eat, relax on the beach, swim in the ocean, eat, go to something fun in the evening.  

Some of my favorite things we did were:

1. Going sailing: Our resort let us use their sail boats for free, so we took off on one whenever we could. Sean is a natural sailor, and I did a pretty good job sailing the boat as well :) 

2. Meeting new friends: we met two really fun couples who were also from Utah, and hung out with them for a day. We went with them to this crazy night club and had a blast! 

3. RELAXING: this was my favorite thing we did. Just sitting on the beach, reading books, sipping on cold Bahama Mama's, and feeling entirely rested while listening to the breeze in the palm trees or the gentle waves on the sand. Ahhhh...

 

 

Posted via email from catherine's posterous

1 comment: