Sunday, January 30, 2011

Little boys and religion

Sean has been sick today, so Peter and I talked about how Heavenly
Father can help people to feel better if we ask Him to. Tonight I
heard Peter's sweet little voice after I put him to bed, "Fahder in
Heaven, I dink my daddy will feel bedder soon, so, in de name Jesus
Christ, amen." This is the first prayer I've heard him say in months!
He used to love to say prayers, but then a while ago he decided he
didn't want to anymore. So that made it all the more sweet when I
heard him tonight.

My mom and dad came over on Monday for Family Home Evening, and my dad
gave us a really fun lesson about holding to the iron rod, and Lehi's
dream from 1st Nephi. This picture is of the boys holding onto the
"rod" through the maze of furniture that my dad set up. The boys loved
it! At the end we came to the tree of life (a house plant) and tasted
the delicious fruit (apple crisp). What a great way to learn about the
Book of Mormon!

Posted via email from catherine's posterous

2 comments:

  1. How cute! You're doing a great job with those kids, not that I have any credentials in saying that...but keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good idea..maybe when Glenn is a bit older... :D
    It sure was fun seeing you a couple of weeks ago!

    ReplyDelete