Thursday, September 10, 2009

Munich Day 2

Wednesday Sept. 9th 2009

Day 2 in Munich has been really nice. We walked down to a grocery store to get breakfast (since we ate all our breakfast food yesterday!) We got quark (really creamy yogurt), muesli with chocolate chunks, nutella, milk in boxes, and some other yummy stuff. Then we came back to the hotel, ate like kings, and then had naptime. I think I slept for at least 2 hours, so I felt great when I woke up. We walked around the Englischer Garten and found a children’s playground, a nudist sunbathing lawn, the beautiful Isar River, and finally, the Höfbrauhaus where we had dinner. Weisswurst, Spätzle, a Pretzel, and Kartoffel dumplings...yummm! Next we walked through the Pedestrian Zone towards Marien-Platz and found the Rischart bakery where we bought a very delicious chocolate mousse cake, and a raspberry cake that was amazing! I have to find out the name of it so we can eat it again. We love being here - it’s so different and refreshing. Every day we get more acquainted with the city and know our way around a little better. It’s really fun to walk down random roads and end up at a place you are familiar with - it’s like playing connect the dots. The more dots we see, the more we can connect. I love being in a new place! Only 4 more days in Munich, and then it’s off to Vienna!

And now it's picture time:
Traveling light from the Salt Lake City Airport

Peter found a dinosaur at the Chicago airport

This is our tiny, yet comfy hotel room. 2 twin beds, a closet and a sink.

Our walk through the English Garden. See the nude sunbather in the background? Can you imagine what would happen if that guy moved to Provo?Elegant bridges cover each of the little rivers and streams that run through the English Garden.Peter found some lady friends at the park. It was SO adorable to hear these tiny kids speaking German!
The Oompa-band at the Hofbräuhaus
Rischart Bakery at Marien-Platz

Chocolate Mousse cake and some kind of delicious raspberry cake that had marzipan around the edges and delicious crispy things inside!

Yummmm!
Feldherrnhalle - street musicians will play on either side of this monument and the music resonates beautifully down the road way between the buildings.

Marien-Platz Glockenspiel tower

Oh no! The dragon escaped the dungeon!

King Ludwig I the first king of Bavaria (our hotel is right around the corner from this monument)
On the way home...Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how I wish, wish, wish we could go back. All the pics & your journal are making me sooooo homesick for glorious Munich! mom

    ReplyDelete