Friday, August 14, 2009

Germany!


Sean and I are actually going to Germany! We have wanted to for a long time, and now we actually are really doing it. For reals. We are leaving the first week of September and coming back the first week of November. We are staying in Munich and we'll be traveling to other cities/countries on the weekends. I am uber-excited about this trip! I love Europe - especially southern Germany. As of right now, we have the plane tickets and that's it. We don't know where we are staying, how we are going to get around, or where we are going to visit. Hopefully things will fall into place soon, but it's also fun to be spontaneous!

Ever since we decided to go, my brain has been so preoccupied with this trip. So if any of you have noticed that I seem a little out of it, it's because I am! My biggest time-waster has been looking for an apartment that can be our home base while we are there. I spent SO long looking and looking. I had three apartments that I was looking at, and all of them turned out to be scams, so I was really mad about that. It's so sad to realize that there are very bad people out there in the world. I like to think that people are generally good, but when I almost get scammed, it really makes me feel insecure about trusting people. I'm really glad that they didn't actually scam us, but they sure got close!

So, hopefully we'll get this trip planned and our lives in order sometime soon. I feel like my brain is out in space a lot of the time. Waking up 3 times a night doesn't contribute any to my sanity! Once Jackson starts sleeping through the night and once Peter gets used to sleeping in a toddler bed, then maybe I will be more "with it". Maybe.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Congratulations on the big adventure! Are you taking both your boys with you too? I'm stoked for you guys. And not too scared either--you're smart and pretty much understand the language. Everything will fall into place. It usually does. Take lots of pics! Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you, too! Way to just jump in and go--good for you guys. What an adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like so much fun, guys! Be sure to be a frequent blog-updater while you are there!

    ReplyDelete