Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hoppy Easter!

Our Easter Weekend was really fun. Peter and I went out to Eagle Mountain on Saturday where my sister-in-law was hosting an easter egg hunt for a few kids in her neighborhood. All the kids were about Peter's age, so it was most likely their first easter egg hunt. I think most of them didn't really know what to do. It was funny to watch them trying to figure out what was going on - we really had to encourage them to find, pick up, and store the egg in their baskets! Peter had a lot of fun playing with cousin Andrew and I had fun chatting with Katrina and sampling her yummy cupcakes and strawberries!

On Sunday we went up to Orem to celebrate Easter with Sean's family. We flew kites at the park - it was the perfect day for it! I loved being outside in the warm sunshine, laying on the soft green grass and watching the kites peacefully floating above me. Sean's family brought a trick kite and I couldn't get it up in the air for the life of me! But it was fun to try it. Sean did a pretty good job getting it to fly and do tricks. Peter even got to fly Uncle Isaac's big kite all by himself.

When we got back from the park we had a delicious Turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes dinner. Then it was time for the Annual Hess Family Easter Egg Hunt! It's the most fun easter egg hunt because the eggs are always hidden in really hard spots. I made sure to put some eggs in obvious places for Peter to find. And I think he actually caught on to what he was supposed to do this time! Once he realized the eggs were all full of candy and that he was allowed to eat it, he got really excited about collecting them. After we divided up the candy evenly among the family, we celebrated Ryan's birthday and ate Cinder Cake. Yummm!

I love Easter! Not only because the weather is getting warmer, the blossoms are coming out on the trees, and the world seems fresher. But because I get to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ and express my renewed gratitude that he made it possible for me to be forgiven of my sins and be made clean so I can live eternally with my family and with God. What a wonderful blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment