
Peter and I went on a little vacation a few weeks ago to visit my sister in sunny San Diego. The weather was beautiful, the water was cool, and the air was so refreshing. Plus my sister is an amazing host, so our trip was perfectly perfect.

Peter loved playing with auntie Margie and the Azul the dog. I was amazed that 6 mo. pregnant Margie had bounds of energy to play play play and I just felt like sitting on the couch most of the time! We went on lots of walks to the park to play fetch and Peter got lots of doggie kisses!

Downtown San Diego was a big adventure - I even got to navitage around by myself one day when Margie was at work, and I didn't get too terribly lost. I love the feeling of a big city and the huge sky-scrapers towering right next to the beach. I was surprised that I didn't feel crowded at all when I was walking around down-town. Maybe everyone else was working while I was enjoying the sights. Margie said that some of the buildings in the city were designed to look like tools (i.e. a hammer and screwdrivers).

I took Peter to the Birch Aquarium and let him run free among the fishes. He had loads of fun running around wherever he wanted while I pushed the stroller behind him and watched him. Peter got to touch a sea cucumber and a star fish in the tide pools and he learned how to make a fishy face.

The view from the aquarium was amazing. Peter wanted to stay at the over-look forever. Most likely he felt like he wasn't such a small little guy when he was standing up there!

My favorite part of the aquarium was this huge tank that opened up to the sky above to let in natural light. It made me feel like I was an under-water observer. It was quite a peaceful experience to sit in front of this and watch the peaceful fish gliding, the sea weed swaying and the sunlight glinting off the water's surface above.

Each new thing we came to had Peter captured in awe. I loved being able to just sit back and watch him run around and discover things. With hardly any people there, and the aquarium being relatively small, I was more than glad to let him roam free as I watched. Plus this pregnancy has been pretty tiring for me, so taking him someplace cool he could run around was a perfect activity.

By the end of our adventure, my little guy was tuckered out. I was glad to get back to Margie's place and hang out. After Peter went to bed each day, we would have fun watching TV and giving footrubs, making yummy treats and chatting about pregnancy. Thanks to Margie my trip was very relaxing and comfy.
No comments:
Post a Comment